Whereuare Community – Nätverka med andra distansarbetare & ta del av bra erbjudanden
Would you like to work in different arenas and with different cultures, one day virtually train product specialists or Service technicians in a well-equipped classroom in Sweden and the week after run instructor led (ILT) F2F training to service technicians in another country?
Or develop Digital training material such as short videos or e-learning, ILT material or other relevant material needed today or in the future?
Then we might just have the perfect role for you!
Volvo Penta knows the importance of building a life cycle relation with our customers, as we believe this is the key to success. One important part of this relation is the focus on Competence Development.
As a Technical Trainer, you will contribute to this by taking on the role as a Key player within the Service Market at Business Unit Marine. You will be responsible for your own markets but at the same time belong to a team that jointly owns the entire Service Market within Business Unit Marine globally.
As the transition to Digitalized training has started, it is as well on top of your agenda to smoothly mix the traditional needs with the opportunities of new technology.
Main activities and responsibilities:
- Prioritize the competence development in the areas of Benelux and UK but all geographical areas are open since the Marine Business Unit covers competence dev on a global basis
- Facilitate learning paths in area of expertise
- Present the features and benefits of Volvo Penta products & services
- Transfer the knowledge (Face to Face and/or Virtual) and increase the competences of our Network and our Service Market employees
- Map, follow up and evaluate competence and handle the training calendar
- Support in developing training material (Face to Face, Virtual, Digital, e-learning, videos etc.)
- Secure infrastructure for trainings conducted (tools, equipment, handouts etc.)
- Coach and support Business Partner trainers and students in their continuous development paths
You will be a part of a global team and work in close cooperation with colleagues within the Service Market Marin and well as with the Competence Development department centrally at HQ at Volvo Penta.
We trust our colleagues to do their best and we always value and encourage opinions and ideas. Therefore, if you like and enjoy challenges, if you are business minded and see change and transformation as a source to inspiration then we are sure that you will be a great benefit to our team.
As you regionally will work with competence development the role requires travelling, mostly within Europe but also to other parts of the world.
We offer a challenging position where you can affect your own work. We have an open and friendly atmosphere where we help and respect each other.
We offer a job in a high performing organization, with good and competent colleagues, and good career opportunities.
Required knowledge, experience:
- Any language skills are highly appreciated
- Excellent communication and presentation/online facilitation skills
- Experienced in and interested in coaching and competence development
- Technical background
- Teaching background or experience
- Strong supporter in Digitalization
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken is a must
- Workshop experience or knowledge is appreciated
- A passion for problem solving and finding solutions
- Strong relationship building skills
- A strategic and long-term approach to develop the competence development area
- Team oriented and with the ability to work alone
- Ability to manage peaks in workload
If you are action oriented, flexible and love challenges, then please send your application because we are hoping to hear from you!
The position is flexible on location within Europe. It can also be located at Volvo Penta Headquarter in Gothenburg, Sweden.
For further information, please contact:
Head of Competence Development, Service Market Marine
+34 62911 82 62
Director Customer Service & Quality, Business Unit Marine
+46 765 53 82 31
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Auto req ID
State / Province
Travel Required (maximum)
Last application date