Whereuare Community – Nätverka med andra distansarbetare & ta del av bra erbjudanden
We are on an amazing growth journey with the goal to enable a more efficient product development process in IKEA, supporting each product’s entire life cycle from early idea to design into a finished product ready to make our customers everyday life better. IKEA is taking the next step regarding identifiers and dynamic labeling and needs a new key team player to inject into the exciting future possibilities that lie ahead of us.
About the job
IKEA is on a journey to create a connected flow of product information across the value chain. Building new structures will set the foundation for implementing new identifiers and is a prerequisite to connect the value chain and enabling a simplified and cost- conscious way of working. By compiling product and article data and enabling different consumers to use it, we ensure correct information for our IKEA customers. The main media is our labels, generic and country specific, that we apply on all products using many different system applications within an intricate infrastructure.
At IKEA, you as a Solution Architect are responsible to lead the technical design and development of a digital products:
- Create, lead, and maintain technical architecture and design for digital products.
- Continuously research and keep up to date with emerging technologies and assess their usefulness for business operations, propose, and implement changes when identified.
- Work strategically and collaborate with main stakeholders, such as Enterprise Architects, support, develop, and plan towards our capability models.
- Advance system applications, infrastructure, integrations together with Software Engineers and development teams. Be innovative and develop existing and modern technologies, establishing fit-for-purpose technical solutions.
- Provide your trades professional expertise in pre-studies, planning and design workshops within digital products, and projects.
- Perform system application and infrastructure design reviews to evaluate its intended use in business operations, provide guidance towards improvements.
- Assess technical solution impact on business operations and communicate simply and efficiently regarding changes and its effects.
Are you someone who gets excited about working with a team that is agile, flexible, and full of energy? Do you focus on the big picture, but are not shy about diving into the practical details? If so, we need you! As our new key team player, you will work closely with stakeholders to build trust, understanding and strong partnerships, advancing into a thrilling new future. Together, we will reach our common goals with a smile.
We believe that to really shine in this role you have,
- a strong technical background and are knowledgeable, and curious about the latest technologies and trends in the industry. You are used to collaborating with less experienced stakeholders and translating their needs into shrewd technical solutions.
- a strategic mind and are used to planning for the long-term. You can evaluate the impact of a technical solution in the grand scheme of things and ensure that the solutions are scalable, future-proof and fits well both on a macro and micro level.
- good communications skills, as you must be able to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders. You communicate complex ideas in simple terms that are easy to understand.
- a logical and analytical mindset. Analyzing complex problems and identifying efficient solutions to solve them comes naturally to you. You also evaluate the potential risks and benefits to support your team to take informed decisions.
- A natural inclination to collaborate with others and are used to working closely with other IT (Information Technology) professionals such as architects, software engineers, developers, project managers, and business analysts. You are used to collaborating effectively with these team members and building consensus around technical solutions that meet everyone’s needs.
- previous experience of working with product identifier standards such as GS1-standard or printing solutions such as Bartender, NiceLabel, or equivalent.
Are you our new curious, creative, and ambitious person to join our team? Do you believe you have the qualities to support our journey into the future? Let us know who you are and how you believe that you can contribute! Does this sound like your next challenge? We look forward to receiving your application – CV and a short motivation to why you are applying for this job – in English latest April 23, 2023.
This is a permanent position based in Älmhult, Sweden. Älmhult has commuting possibilities with hourly trains to Malmö, Lund and Växjö and an IKEA shuttle bus back and forth to Helsingborg three times a day.
If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact People & Culture recruiter Jane Johansson, [email protected]. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Manager Daniel Örden, [email protected]
At IKEA we believe that we’re better when we’re physically together for collaboration, dialogues, and conversations. We believe in the power of human interactions; the informal chats, the energy, belonging, and creativity generated by people being in the same place. Our approach is that we spend most of our time in the IKEA workplace and with flexibility to work from home when relevant. This particular role is based in Älmhult, Sweden.