Whereuare Community – Nätverka med andra distansarbetare & ta del av bra erbjudanden
Role mission & context
As Senior Data Analyst, you will interact with various stakeholders such as Solution lead, Architect, Business process Developer, capability lead and global teams to ensure that business reporting needs are fulfilled – based on ITSM and Foundation data.
You will be part of IT Performance Management Team. This organization is gathering professionals in performance analytics using platforms such as Power Bi or ServiceNow and expertise in architecture who are defining and supporting a healthy and sustainable development of our IT ecosystem.
Your main missions within this team will be to develop and maintain PowerBI based reports, propose improvements, and share your experience with your Data Analysts colleagues.
For this position we put as well high focus on interpersonal skills and attitude. You are passionate about people, customer value and Report, Dashboard and BI technology.
For this position, we are looking for a person with a strong ability in working in a group, who can inspire his / her colleagues and have a strong innovation spirit. You have an extensive and proven experience as a Data Analyst, and a good understanding and knowledge of the IT Delivery environment (ITSM mainly).
You are very skilled in PowerBI with experience in understanding stakeholders’ needs and you can translate them into BI Development. You are willing in having an impact and in supporting business needs. You are comfortable in working in an Agile / DevOps environment.
You have a deep market knowledge and have an innovation mindset, always interested by the new or emerging technologies and solutions and able to identify opportunities, trends and best practices for Volvo.
You are autonomous, have a constructive mindset and you can take challenging decisions and participate to the design of solutions.
You have project Management skills including the ability to identify risks.
You can support Data Management and Data Governance and have proven experience in Data Visualization and Modeling.
You have Data science skills – experience and appetence is needed on this domain as you will have to support AI, AA and Automation projects. Knowledge of Azure environment is a must.
You share core values according to the Volvo Way. You appreciate diversity and to work in cross-functional teams. You actively collaborate with various stakeholders and navigate with ease in a multi-cultural environment.
You get an opportunity to work together with highly skilled colleagues in an exciting, global environment which provides opportunities to develop both professionally and personally.
Below an extensive, but not conclusive summary of areas in scope – PowerBI Tool based:
- Support story creation & definition
- Dashboard Design, Create new Dashboards, modify improve existing dashboard.
- Work with Dashboard / Data Certification
- Propose improvements
- Share knowledge and brainstorm to find the best suitable solution
- Communicate to stakeholders & communities, inspire colleagues
- Work on documentation of solutions / Dashboards
- Support Dashboards certifications
- Design DB models – relational, nosql, graph – storage services and tools such as SQL DB, SQL MI, Netezza, SQL server, Oracle, etc
- Support optimization
- Support automation
- Support integration patterns such as batch, streaming and API
- Support integrations framework and tools such as IBM MQ, Azure Integration Runtime
- Work on data transformation tools – ELT, ETL etc. such as MS SSIS, Informatica, Azure Data Factory, Databricks
- Ability to wrangle data using advanced methods and tools such as Python, SQL, R, Knime, etc
- Senior Data Analyst – PowerBI solution
- Able to work in an Agile environment
- Support factory by creating and enabling certified dashboards
- Support stakeholders in creating their own dashboards, provide solutions
- Document the solutions
- Support Optimization, Automation, Integration
- Support the Design of solutions, incl. Azure Platforms, Cloud and other BI Products
- Proven expertise as Sernior Data Analyst – in IT environment would be best (10 Years of experience minimum required)
- Professional skills in PowerBI – certifications required (such as PL-300, DP-500 and / or PL-100 levels at least)
- Microsoft Power Platforms knowledge required
- Good understanding the (business) processes and requirements
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Interest and experience in Data science
- Experience in Agile is needed
- Have already successfully supported an organization in a global context with analysis and managing good relationships with business partners and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Volvo environment (ITSM related) is nice to have
- Presentation skills including the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Team player and committed to getting the job done
- Relevant university degree
- Complete proficiency in English required
Preferably Sweden (Gothenburg) or Belgium (Ghent) – can be extended to our main sites in France (Lyon), Poland (Wroclaw) or India (Bangalore)
Application screening will start immediately; we look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible.
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site
We value your data privacy and therefore do not accept applications via mail.
Who we are and what we believe in
Our focus on Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity allows each of us the opportunity to bring our full authentic self to work and thrive by providing a safe and supportive environment, free of harassment and discrimination. We are committed to removing the barriers to entry, which is why we ask that even if you feel you may not meet every qualification on the job description, please apply and let us decide.
Applying to this job offers you the opportunity to join Volvo Group. Every day, across the globe, our trucks, buses, engines, construction equipment, financial services, and solutions make modern life possible. We are almost 100,000 people empowered to shape the future landscape of efficient, safe and sustainable transport solutions. Fulfilling our mission creates countless career opportunities for talents with sharp minds and passion across the group’s leading brands and entities.
Group Digital & IT is the hub for digital development within the Volvo Group. Imagine working with cutting-edge technology in a global team, represented in more than 30 countries. We are dedicated to leading the way for tomorrow’s transport solutions, guided by a strong customer mindset and high curiosity, both as individuals and as a team. Here you will thrive in your career in an environment where your voice is heard and your ideas are important.
Auto req ID
State / Province
Travel Required (maximum)
Last application date