Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
Manager Software & Fuel Rod Design, EMEA Fuel Engineering
Are you interested in working with advanced technology, together with an innovative team? Do you also want to contribute to a better climate and a future filled with clean energy?
Welcome to EMEA Fuel Engineering and the Software & Fuel Rod Design team! This amazing team of about 15 engineers based out of Västerås, Sweden, is responsible for Westinghouse specific calculation software for BWR, VVER and PWR reactors as well as Fuel Rod Design analyses and methodology.
The Software development team responsibility includes development, maintenance, and quality assurance of codes used for core design, thermal hydraulics, criticality analysis, mechanical design, safety analysis, method- and software development.
The Software & Fuel Rod Design team is part of the EMEA Fuel Engineering department, which is responsible for nuclear fuel development, licensing, and analyses and testing required to ensure safe and reliable operation of our products in BWR, PWR and VVER type of reactors. This includes engineering areas such as core design, thermal hydraulics, criticality analysis, materials, mechanical design, safety analysis, inspections and testing and method- and software development. Our work provides a critical contribution to the operations and business of nuclear power plants around the world.
As the Manager for the Software & Fuel Rod Design Team you will be a key contributor to the growth of our business and in providing a safe, reliable, and cost-efficient energy source to the European market. You will be part of a strong, competent, and collaborative management team within EMEA Fuel Engineering, and will work together with colleagues in the Global Nuclear Fuel Engineering organization.
Your contribution for a carbon-free future
You will lead and develop a team of about 15 engineers. As manager, you are responsible for the daily operation, with the support of functional leads, as well as for implementing and maintaining structures and processes to enable the team to deliver and develop its mission. You have responsibility for personnel, budget, and work environment, and ensures that the right competence is available to fulfill our commitments.
You will work with your team to ensure that processes are compliant, documented, implemented, and continuously improved, and you evaluate and take action to improve reliability, efficiency, and quality. You have a long-term vision for the development of the Software & Fuel Rod Design Team, including people, processes, products and cooperations. You work together with all stakeholders to develop and implement long term strategies.
As a part of the EMEA Fuel Engineering management team, you will also take part in the follow-up and improvement of joint processes and structures.
The role is placed in Västerås, Sweden, with the option to work remotely a few days per week.
We are looking for you
To be successful in this role you are an inspiring leader with the following characteristics:
- You can motivate and coach engineers and technical leaders in all areas of their work, and lead through others by involving, delegating and follow up efficiently.
- You create an atmosphere of teamwork both within the own team and in the company.
- You have great integrity, a quality mindset and understands the importance of compliance and nuclear safety.
- You work both internally and externally to keep yourself and your team updated on the technical areas of your responsibility.
- You have a strong strategic mindset and the ability to include stakeholders to develop and implement long term strategies.
- You are motivated by delivering results and value, and meeting objectives.
- You are successful in managing your work life balance and can prioritize and use your time efficiently.
Most important of all, you genuinely enjoy contributing to the development and success of your employees.
- Your academic background is probably a Master or Bachelor of Science in relevant technical area.
- You have several years of relevant work experience, preferably in the nuclear industry or other regulated industries.
- You have previous successful experience from leading roles. Previous experience of management with responsibility of budget and work environment is preferred.
- You have previous experience of software development and quality assurance of software.
- You are up-to-date with best practices within software engineering (and can therefore
- drive improvements to the software development life-cycle)
- You have a general understanding of technical design analyses, and quality assurance of those.
- You are a strong communicator, verbally and written, in both English and Swedish.
Welcome with your application including CV, [if applicable: other needed document] and cover letter. We interview candidates on a continuous basis, so please send in your application as soon as possible!
Security clearance is carried out as part of the recruitment process.
For more information about the role, please contact the hiring manager Kristina Ryttersson, [email protected]
This role belongs to the union agreement Teknikavtalet.
Akademikerförening på Westinghouse (AFW): Cecilia Wahlström, +46 21 44 01 505, [email protected]