Whereuare Community – Nätverka med andra distansarbetare & ta del av bra erbjudanden
Our Ship Management, with offices in Stockholm and Singapore, is growing with new customers and to further strengthen our purchasing function we are now searching for a Junior Purchaser for permanent employment with initially six months probationary employment. The position is full-time and is tied to our head office located near Mariatorget in Stockholm and requires, at times, travel to vessels and suppliers. We offer you the opportunity to work remotely to some extent and you will be a part of a great Purchasing team of five with an open welcoming and inspired atmosp, a solid ground for great efficiency and committed work.
As a Junior Purchaser you will interact closely with the vessels, our team of Superintendents and the day-to-day activities within the Ship Management department as well as with our suppliers.
About the position
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the daily handling of orders in our Fleet Management System BASS and follow up on deliveries for the assigned vessels
- Responsible for up to four vessels in the fleet.
- Review and approve invoices in our Fleet Management System (BASS) as well as in our accounting system Unit4.
- Daily contact with crew onboard as well as suppliers, mostly by email.
- Participate in supplier evaluations.
- Each Purchaser is working in team together with an assigned Superintendent towards a group of vessels.
- Jointly responsible to solve back-up situations within the purchasing team. E.g., vacation.
Who are you?
We believe that your personality, will and ambition are more important than previous qualifications and education, but you have at least completed upper secondary school. No prior experience from working with purchasing or within shipping segment is necessary for this role as it’s a junior position and you will learn from the colleagues within the team.
You need to be able to work independently as well as part of a team, interacting with the team in Sweden and at times with the team in Singapore, as well as with the vessels in the worldwide operating fleet. Good communication skills and full working proficiency in English and Swedish are required. We also require a good understanding and knowledge of the MS Office software. For the right candidate, t is an opportunity to develop into other responsibilities within purchasing and supply chain management.
Are you passionate about the position? Selection of candidates will be done continuously so feel free to send your application today but no later than June 1st, 2023. We look forward to receiving your application but please note that we don´t accept applications sent directly via email.
For more information, please contact
Purchasing Manager, Camilla Lögdström, [email protected]
HR Business Partner, Eva Wiberg, [email protected]
Torbjörn Edvall, Union representative Unionen, [email protected]
Switchboard: 08 – 772 05 00