Whereuare Community – Nätverka med andra distansarbetare & ta del av bra erbjudanden
If you want to create engaging gameplay features and continuously improve the experience of millions of Hearts of Iron players together with a team dedicated to the game and delivering great content, this is a job for you!
As a Gameplay Programmer, you will be working in a small team implementing (and sometimes helping to design) features using C++. You will work in close collaboration with designers, artists, and QA in shaping the continuous evolution of the game. Our developers have a high level of ownership over their work and it’s important that you are able to plan and manage your work efficiently. Further responsibilities include..
- Build and maintain well-engineered C++ code, continuously improving stability and performance
- Design and implement features in multiple focus areas such as gameplay systems, AI, networking, graphics, user interface, our scripting language, and optimization.
- Solve interesting problems, from designing and building new systems from scratch to optimizing features to be both performant and scriptable.
- Make Hearts of Iron IV a better game!
In addition to a technical skill set, we particularly value talent for cooperation, knowledge of our games (or willingness to learn them), and an open mind to adapting your work process to fit the mission. Our company culture is built around trust, a dedication to delivering value to our players, and a focus on getting things done. We’re primarily working from the office and value the collaboration and face-to-face conversations we can have in person, but we also see benefits in being flexible and being able to work from home.
The skills we’re searching for..
- At least 2 years of C++ game programming.
- Good debugging skills.
- A sense of independence and an ability to take long-term ownership of your features and the ability to estimate your tasks and collaborate with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Comfortable communicating in English, both written and spoken.
If you want to make strategy games, intend to grow as a game developer and are interested in taking ownership of the features you develop, then make sure to apply!
Scope: Full-time and permanent
Reports to: Programmer Manager
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Remote status: Office-based
We do not offer any relocation assistance for this position.
Some of our benefits include:
At Paradox you will be part of a result driven, high trust and player centric culture. Our games and players take center stage and our first priority is always to add player value. If you are someone who thrives from the opportunities that this culture brings and knows how to navigate the challenges that also come with it we highly encourage you to apply for this job and join our team.