Whereuare Community – Nätverka med andra distansarbetare & ta del av bra erbjudanden
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 50 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
Do you love building both software and teams? Do you care about engineering culture? Cash App is looking for a Technical & People Leader to help lead & grow our Regional Card Payment Rails team.
Cash App’s Financial Platform engineering org is building the core set of capabilities that provide access to the underlying infrastructure that powers finance around the globe. One of the fundamental functions we provide is Card Payments, responsible for providing a highly scalable, reliable and accessible real-time payment facilitator capability.
The Regional Card Payment Rails team owns the processing of every debit / credit card payment across all our card networks that are region specific. We are building a payment processor that enables Cash to process payments across the globe and we aim to build highly scalable, reliable, and low-latency APIs that power all card transactions across Cash App products. Our domain knowledge is deep in the card processing stack, and as a platform team, we want to deliver the best success rate for card transactions with the least cost and the most coverage to enable as many clients to use cards for transactions for the many use cases we have in CashApp, including purchasing Bitcoin, trading, funding a wallet, and many more. Not only do we process transactions that withdraw money from a card, but we also use technologies that enable us to instantly push funds into clients’ cards and deliver on Cash App mission to make money instantly available and universally accessible.
- Build a world-class team by hiring exceptional talent, coaching and developing engineers, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar.
- Partner closely with stakeholders across the Product Engineering and FinPlat orgs to thoroughly understand your customer’s needs, and help define your team’s vision and roadmap.
- Lead and participate in critical strategic, technical and operational discussions with leaders across the organization, company and external partners.
- Foster inclusiveness, trust, work-life balance, ownership, accountability, pragmatism, and decision making in the team.
- Define your team’s vision and roadmap by thoroughly understanding your customers’ needs in collaboration with product management, business operations, data, and adjacent engineering teams
- Work within a globally distributed organization, with engineers in the United States, Australia, and across Europe
- Have 2+ years experience in leading teams of engineers, in both a technical and people management capacity.
- Have 8+ years experience working on complex systems and delivering quality software.
- Lead with a people-first approach, can lead a conversation rather than dictate it, and are empathetic to dissenting viewpoints.
- Have boundless curiosity, are driven by what they don’t know and thrive in ambiguous environments. Excel at building world class engineering teams that are highly-functional, collaborative and inclusive.
- Build strong relationships with counterparts, both internally and externally, including finance, business operations and risk operations.
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, Kotlin
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Jaeger, Prometheus, DataDog
- Hibernate, Guice
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.