Whereuare Community – Nätverka med andra distansarbetare & ta del av bra erbjudanden
The British Embassy in Stockholm is part of a world-wide diplomatic network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. The Embassy is now looking for a new Deputy Corporate Services Manager, to support the Corporate Services Manager in all aspects of Estates, Finance, HR, and Procurement management. This role will have particular focus on Estates Management and estate team, including staff and contractors. You will be required to lead estates projects, manage operations and suppliers to ensure a safe and compliant platform for all staff.
Roles and responsibilities
- Contribute to the senior leadership of the Embassy in support of the Ambassador and Deputy Head of Mission in the CSM’s absence.
- To provide direction, motivation and leadership to the team and aim to deliver a high level of service to all customers and stakeholders.
- To assist with ensuring the overall efficient and effective operation of corporate services work.
- Deputise for the corporate services manager during periods of absence.
- Prepared to be flexible and support all Corporate Services departments as required.
- Lead and manage local estates teams, operations, supplier performance, contracts and maintenance activity.
- Ensure estates activity is in line with the local staff charter.
- Monitor and forecast estates budgets and expenditure.
- Update local leadership team on estates matters, escalating as required.
- Oversee local management of estates systems and data.
- Assist in integrating environmental/sustainability methodologies into the Embassy.
- Plan, measure and monitor estates performance against set targets, preparing reports as required.
- Ensure that a proactive risk management approach is taken to all work, ensuring compliance with UK and local standards.
- Prepare and respond to any audit and assessment requests, ensure compliant record keeping.
- With regional procurement hub, tender, manage and oversee all estates procurement and suppliers to ensure service level agreements are met.
- Play active role in PHC responding to all Estates queries and concerns.
- Plan, manage and oversee estates projects, preventative and reactive maintenance using the forward maintenance register and global account managers accordingly.
- Provide local expertise, escalating to Technical Works Officers where required.
- Work with the CSM and regional HR hub on the implementation of HR policies and procedures.
- Assist and support with recruitment and disciplinary panels as required.
- Support the HR officer with new arrival administration requirements.
- Assist the Financial officer with day to day administration.
- Review and authorise expenditure in the CSM’s absence.
- Assist in all other financial processes to ensure proper procedures are followed.
Health & Safety
- Maintain a safe, compliant and supportive working environment for all staff and diplomatic families.
- Oversee health and safety activity, owning policy, guidance and monitoring standards.
- Act as fire safety manager and be prepared to join the crises team if required.
- Lead on sustainability plans to meet global targets.
- Fluent Swedish and English language skills (C1 level or above under the CEFR*);
- At least 3 years’ experience in management;
- Customer service skills;
- Experience in managing teams;
- Resilient; able to deal with pressure and work flexibility to deal with competing demands;
- Project management;
- General knowledge of Swedish HR policies;
Organised and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Health and safety knowledge and experience;
- Project management/ facility management certification or experience.
This is a full-time permanent contract. The British Embassy is open to considering flexible working requests, including some remote working. However, due to the nature of the role, it will not be possible to do the job fully remotely.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Sweden. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
According to the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs, locally employed staff should either be Swedish citizens, EU citizens or permanent residents of any nationality registered in the population register when beginning their employment. Registration in the population register is not possible once employment has begun. For more information, please consult:
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
The deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
- Please note for more information regarding the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your language skill is going to be assessed.