Whereuare Community – Nätverka med andra distansarbetare & ta del av bra erbjudanden
Data, Research & Insights
Data & Insights Leadership
The Freemium R&D team oversees the entire user journey on Spotify and ensures we engage with people in innovative ways, every step of the way. Our team grows Spotify’s audience by finding future listeners around the world and delivering the right value to them, at the right time. With research, product development, product design, engineering, and marketing all collaborating in one organization, we’re able to quickly create meaningful features and services for millions of people around the world, resulting in joyful, long-lasting relationships with Spotify.
Stockholm or Remote EMEA
We are looking for someone who wants to join Spotify’s Freemium Business Strategy & Insights team within the Freemium Business Unit; and specifically the Business Intelligence team. The team’s mission is to guide strategic decision-making and act as a central hub for understanding Spotify’s business performance, with a focus on user growth. Your work will range from performance evaluation to strategic forecasting and planning. This includes conducting analyses, developing and leading core company processes and making recommendations to senior leadership within Spotify. As such, both reliable analytical skills and thoughtful partner management skills are key requirements.
As an applicant, you have extensive analytical experience and are comfortable working with large data sets (eg. through SQL), including understanding, synthesizing and communicating key insights. You are also interested in how these insights translate into business decisions and how you can support senior management in setting Spotify up for success.
Finally, you strive for high possible professional standards in the ownership of your work, have an open mentality and embrace diversity. We seek someone with a willingness to learn new things and share their outstanding perspectives with others along the learning journey. For long-term performance and success, we believe that individual growth potential is more important than having a specific set of skills already at hand.
What You’ll Do:
- Structure, develop and communicate insights-driven analyses and proactively develop recommendations for improving commercial performance for senior stakeholders at Spotify
- Conduct analysis specifically regarding Spotify’s business performance with regards to user growth on a global level and communicate insights to senior leadership
- Conduct analysis specifically regarding forecasting of Spotify’s future business performance including assessment of eg. growth patterns across markets, underlying business drivers and overall business health
- Develop dashboards for monitoring and tracking of business performance to strengthen the Business Intelligence team’s role as the ‘control tower’ for business performance with regards to user growth
- Partner closely with other teams to identify and assess fundamental performance drivers that underpin Spotify’s user growth
- Develop presentations that digest something technical and complex into something comprehensible on a higher level
- Support strategic decision-making and accountability by assessing new and existing initiatives aimed at improving Spotify’s user and creator experience
Who You Are:
- You have a B.Sc. or preferably an M.Sc. in Engineering, Business or similar
- You act proactively when required and drive your work autonomously, while also supporting others around you that can benefit from your expertise
- You have strong analytical, problem-solving as well as process management skills
- You have a strong business sense and understanding of drivers of growth and commercial performance
- You can bring a business perspective to a rather technical environment, and navigate well in a multi-functional setting, with the roles and interests of multiple partners in mind
- You are used to tackling loosely defined problems, work independently to shape your own perspective of a solution and deliver results accordingly
- You have the ability to effectively work with others and build on their knowledge to bring the work to the next level, and you’re able to coordinate and lead collaborative efforts as well as effectively run meetings
- You are a communicative person with strong presentation skills, both in oral and written communication
Where You’ll Be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location: https://lifeatspotify.com/locations
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European time zone for collaboration
- We ask that our team members be located within Greenwich Mean time zone, Central European time zone, or Eastern European standard time zone for the purposes of our collaboration hours
Our global benefits
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off – fully paid – for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Learn about life at Spotify
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.