Whereuare Community – Nätverka med andra distansarbetare & ta del av bra erbjudanden
The Business Development Lead for IT & Application Software services in the Nordics has a key role in the business development of the IT consulting business in Sweden and Finland. The person will be setting the scene for complex deals through proactive work together with the business managers and will follow the most important opportunities throughout the sales cycle.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative individual who is passionate about sales within tech. The candidate will be part of the Technical Direction IT unit with members leading the ALTEN IT Nordics business development, portfolio development, and service delivery within technology. The unit forms the offering, drives the service areas, leads the competence networks, oversees delivery, and drives the complex business development driving the growth together with the business management organization. Reporting line will be to the Technical Director of ALTEN IT Nordics, with a dotted line to the Division Director.
Successful candidates must show a positive and proactive leadership style and must have the ability to interact collaboratively with management, colleagues, and staff to carry out the following main activities:
Business Development and Deal Making
– Act as a catalyst for winning new deals within team-based delivery, near/off-shore service delivery, and fixed scope projects within software development. 80% of the focus is for Sweden, and 20% is for Finland. More countries may be added to the scope over time.
– Drive and participate in meetings with senior stakeholders at clients to identify new opportunities for business
– Participation in the internal bid process including qualification and strategic orientation of generated leads and tenders
– Support in negotiations with the customers to create favorable business for ALTEN
– Upsell time & material consulting business into workpackage and nearshore structures
– Participation in kick-offs together with client to ensure successful handover to delivery once deals are won
– Support Business Management with development of client account plans
– Participate in work on securing new frame agreements with prioritized clients
– Lead/participation in presales activities towards customers
– Co-develop the offering and storyline for complex services with the divisional leadership team
– Mentor other business development resources
Collaboration and synergies
– Co-operation with the Perimeter (International 1) Business Development Leads learning from things well-done in other parts of ALTEN
– Coordination of deals and collaboration with ALTEN Nordics’ preferred internal nearshore partner – the ALTEN Delivery Center in Spain
– Support to the Enterprise Services group-wide initiatives
– Working on business synergy with all ALTEN’s entities
– Bachelors or Masters Degree in computer science/ electronics engineering / information systems or similar discipline preferred
– 5+ years of relevant and proven IT consulting or software engineering experience with significant exposure to business development
– Knowledge of the Enterprise IT Services market, including main technologies, concepts, and delivery models
– Exposure to the IT consulting business either as a consultant, business developer or manager
– A track record in either sales, overlay sales or other business development in an enterprise B2B setting
– Experience in positioning application solutions for reliability, scalability, manageability and business continuity
– Exposure to different software development methodologies, with understanding of DevOps and Agile Processes is beneficial
– Fluent in English and Swedish
Home location for the role is Stockholm, Gothenburg, Linköping, Lund or Örebro, and candidates are being interviewed on an ongoing basis. The role will require travel to other parts of Sweden on average 1 day per week with occasional travel to Finland and other European countries. We’re looking forward to receiving your application!