Whereuare Community – Nätverka med andra distansarbetare & ta del av bra erbjudanden
This role is part of our automation team at Group IT at AFRY’s headquarters (it’s not a consultancy role). We’re proud of our collaborative work environment and truly diverse team in terms of competencies, gender and nationalities.
The main goal of this role is to ensure AFRY has a fit for purpose framework and platform supporting automation requirements and increasing our overall maturity in automation. You’ll be part of an automation team that is currently being established with a mix of new people and people with a long history at AFRY. You and the team will collaborate with and be supported by our IT Architecture Platforms department as well as all experts at AFRY Group IT. In short, you’ll get to join us at the beginning of our next step in automation. Taking a solid foundation to the next level by defining our way of working with automation and learning new things along the way.
A bit more in depth the role involves the following:
- Ownership of the AFRY automation platform architecture including:
- Framework for automation
- Governance model
- Related processes
- Being a key person in driving AFRY towards one of our key architecture target states – automate “everything”
- Documentation of available solutions for automation and implementing “book of rules”
- Assisting team with their automation initiatives
- Assisting and education relevant parts of AFRY in automation initiatives
- Increasing our maturity in automation and planning required training to increase related skills in our teams
We believe the right candidate for this role has a few years’ experience as Solution Architect and is well versed within the automation domain. Experience from international organizations, AI and automation systems such as RPA and No/Low-Code is advantageous. You have a relevant IT-degree and are fluent in English, while Swedish and Finnish knowledge is advantageous but not a requirement.
We put great emphasis on your personal attributes. As this role will lead the knowledge area and be part of building something new it’s very important that you are a natural problem solver who is able to see the full picture but also set and make clear the road ahead with realistic short-term activities. Additionally, you have the drive to move things forward according to these plans. You love the concept of continuous improvement and learning and can bring others along in this mindset. Furthermore, you are a strong communicator being able to convey complexities in understandable terms in both your stakeholder management and mentorship role within the team.
AFRY is a European leader in engineering, design, and advisory services with a global reach. We accelerate the transition towards a sustainable society. We are 19,000 devoted experts in infrastructure, industry, energy and digitalization, creating sustainable solutions for generations to come.
At AFRY we offer, among other things, the following:
- Work-life balance
- Hybrid location with a variation of at office presence and work from home or elsewhere #LI-Hybrid Partial Remote
- An AFRY buddy as soundboard and guide
- Access to a wide range of activities through our social club: Club AFRY, such as Hackathons, yoga, restaurant visits and more
- Competitive benefits regarding pension, health care and parental leave
- Company discounts with external partners through our benefits portal Advantage You.
- Wellness allowance 3000 SEK/year
- Restaurants and cafés on site (location dependent)
- A huge network of technical experts: + 19,000 colleagues with offices in 50 countries and projects in 100
Our recruitment process consists of replying to a few questions over email or phone, tests (problem solving, personality), two interview steps (IRL or over Teams depending on circumstances), and references. Last day to apply: 2023-09-31. Note that we will process candidates on an ongoing basis so do apply as soon as possible.
Contact information (note that we cannot process application documents sent over email)
Tuomo Kuismin, Hiring Manager, Head of Enterprise Architecture and Automation
André Söderholm, Recruitment Partner
At AFRY, we engineer change in everything we do. Change happens when brave ideas come together. When we collaborate, innovate technology, and embrace challenging points of view. That’s how we’re making future. We are actively looking for qualified candidates to join our inclusive and diverse teams across the globe. Join us in accelerating the transition towards a sustainable future.
Solution Architect within Automation