Whereuare Community – Nätverka med andra distansarbetare & ta del av bra erbjudanden
Scania is transforming into a supplier of complete and sustainable transport solutions. Autonomous and electric vehicles cause a paradigm shift in our industry. The share of the customer value that is created by software is increasing rapidly and thereby software in both vehicles and cloud-based services are key for future success.
A new department called Software Development System has been started to ensure the best software developer experience and capabilities in our business. Our mission is to enable development teams in our company to efficiently identify customer needs, explore solutions and to develop and deploy new features to the rolling customer fleet. We aim to create an excellent SW development experience with fast learning loops based on data driven development by implementing one common highly automated development pipe, process and toolchain to make it easy and fun to deliver customer value through software.
We are now searching for a senior manager that have the capability to lead the overarching governance of the Software Factory which include the Management system, strategy, execution process and the overarching budget and strategy work for the complete development environment.
- To build the right team to ensure a strategy to define the Software Factory
- Ensure an efficient software-process (from idea to running software at customer)
- Work closely with all sites within TRATON to find a common solution long-term
- Run the management system of the “factory” with decision structure, budget, define new initiatives, etc.
- Be a catalyst in the department, EED organization and EED management team to do a software Step Change for Scania
We are looking for a manager that has:
- a genuine interest in how techniques, processes and methods are integrated to create an optimized workflow from a developer perspective
- the capability to manage a large network with many interfaces with questions including a high complexity
- a high interest in leading complex tasks and love the environment of super intelligent people drawing the future
To be a key player in establishing the implementation of Scania’s software step change in a tight management team that are based on Scania´s core values. Driven in an environment with a high phase and innovative, agile and an open mindset. The improvements we make today will affect the majority of our developers tomorrow.
In addition to career and development opportunities, we can also offer other benefits such as distance working in Sweden, a company car, company-performance bonuses, a pension, flexible working hours, lunch at reduced prices, and much more. Our office is located in Södertälje and depending on the role we also work remotely. If you live in Stockholm, we offer direct bus service between Stockholm and Södertälje, the Scania JobExpress.
Please contact Michael Skarped, Head of Software Development System | EED, [email protected], 070-6489542
If you find this position interesting and challenging, do not hesitate to apply for the job.
Apply as soon as possible, screening and interviews will be done continuously. Please submit your CV, personal letter and copies of certificates by the latest 24 September 2023.
A background check might be conducted for this position.
Scania is a world-leading provider of transport solutions. Together with our partners and customers we are driving the shift towards a sustainable transport system. In 2022, we delivered 80,238 trucks, 4,994 buses as well as 13,400 industrial and marine power systems to our customers. Net sales totalled to over SEK 170 billion, of which 21 percent were services related. Founded in 1891, Scania now operates in more than 100 countries and employs some 57,000 people. Research and development are mainly concentrated in Sweden. Production takes place in Europe and Latin America with regional product centres in Africa, Asia and Eurasia. Scania is part of TRATON GROUP. For more information visit: www.scania.com