Hi, I’m Gašper, the project lead at Niteo, a remote-first SaaS company with team members based in Slovenia, Ukraine, India, the U.S., Japan, and the Philippines. We live and breathe Open Source: you can read about how we work in our public Handbook and on our blog.
Our main project is a fully automated WordPress hosting platform. We’re growing fast and we’re looking to add more people to our support department.
And that’s where you come in!
We’re looking for someone who knows WordPress well, is patient, is a good communicator, and has good attention to detail so the customer questions get replied accurately.
Why work with us?
You will be regarded as a responsible and reliable adult. We put a lot of trust in you and give you the autonomy to do your job the best you can. You receive the training you need to do the job, then we set your goals and define your tasks together. After that, you plan and organize yourself. You set your own work schedule. You work on days you want to and from where you want to. You tell us when you go on a vacation and for how long.
In the end, you are judged on your results and how well you work with your peers. If you need someone to always tell you what to do and how to do it, then it’s best you find something else.
What we’re expecting:
- Ample WordPress experience: We’re hosting tens of thousands of WordPress blogs, and as such, encounter a vast variety of plugins and themes that sometimes don’t work well together.
- Fluency in English: we are from around the globe and all of our communication is in English.
- Eagerness to learn: we’re a nimble team and you’ll have to learn completely new things a couple of times every year.
- Attention to detail: there will be a lot of unclear tickets. You’ll need to understand clearly what’s being requested and not just guess.
- Excellent customer support skills: able to handle irate customers with empathy and quick thinking.
What you get in return:
- 22 days of paid vacation per year, paid overtime, paid sick leave.
- Competitive pay as per our Salary System with profit-sharing among employees and other benefits.
- Paid conferences, courses, books, and gadgets.
- Lots of growth opportunities.
- Friendly coworkers from whom you’ll learn a ton and who are all great people.
- Read more about our benefits on our Careers page and in our Handbook.
We have recently decided that, as a team, we want our colleagues to be stationed in UTC and earlier timezones. The reason is, we already have people in Asia, and we have all-hands meetings twice a week. They are only up to 15 minutes long, but we wouldn’t want to force people to get up in the middle of the night to attend, or to stay up very late. Hence, we decided that it’s best for everyone if we limit ourselves to hiring in European and Asian timezones.